First Day Of Sr. Kindergarten

Dressed in her back to school clothes, new shoes, new backpack (which is half her size), hair tied up in a curl-curl (braid) Ava was so excited to head back to school. She got up early, got ready by herself, without too much yelling, ate her breakfast and was ready to go. Poor Maya, still in her pajamas, kept saying “Me too.” And must have kissed Ava three times before we finally left. When we got to school Ava promptly stood by the wall but seeing as school starts at 8:30am and it was only 8:15am I told her she could play a little. Ava played hopscotch until she got too tired, but never stopped dancing, twirling, and skipping. The bell rang and Ava ran to line up, forgetting her jacket and backpack. When her teacher came to open the door, Ava jumped and skipped inside without a look back at her mom, who was left standing outside without a goodbye kiss. But as I sit here and write this story I am not saddened that I didn’t get a kiss, I am energized by her spirit and passion and excitement for learning and for life. I will exude energy and happiness, I will smile and be happy, because today my little girl showed me that life is full of wonderful things and new adventures, possibilities and opportunities, and I will dance toward them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment