Facing The Storm

Why do I feel a black cloud is looming and this time I do not have the strength to seek shelter? A part of me feels like succumbing to the storm, to be swept away, but I am tugged in the other direction making me face the storm full on, be vulnerable, yet strong, powerful, determined. I will stretch my arms and root my feet to the earth, accepting the beating of the rain like whips across my face. I will not be swayed, I will stand tall, every lashing making me grow more spirited. Each agonizing thrash validates that I am the one with the power, I am stronger than the storm, that I can and will endure, for I am secured by the fact that in each outstretched hand, holds a little hand that helps me stay my ground.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jen. This one is really powerful. Thanks for writing it.

    ReplyDelete