Making My Way Through

When I fell, I plunged beneath the earth. My body didn’t break, it crumbled. My soul didn’t bruise, it shattered. I lay fractured beneath the world for many years, listening to the hum of people walking over me, never knowing I was there. Too scared to get out, my thoughts, like worms fed on my self-worth, pushing me deeper to the core. But, there came a day that I reached out, and I found a broken piece of me lying not too far away. I reached out again and found another piece and put them together. They fit. I kept searching and assembling, and bit by bit, I was becoming whole. And I thought, if I can rebuild me then I can emerge from this abyss that has trapped me. And so I did. I clawed through the mud, stomping on those worms as I fought against the rush of sludge trying to hold me in. I was stronger than I thought. I emerged covered in smudges and stains, but I had risen. I had made my way through.

1 comment:

  1. Very meaningful! I can definitely relate. Nicely written:)

    ReplyDelete